Adepts are students who've finally proven their affinity to the Fratenity, a order of poweful Magus. The Fraternity pledges to only one goal, the discovery and practice of magical arts. Candidates are picked from noble families and royal bloodlines as the Fraternity believes they hold the highest potential for magic affinity, however, rare exceptions have been made. Students study at different Magus Academis throughout Astaria. Students become Adepts after being able to pass a trial that tricks students with illusion magic. If the student is able to see pass the illusion, they are promoted to Adepts. Adepts are students who proven they can learn magic.
After being appointed as Adepts, the Academy sends them out to discover magic on their own. 7 out of 10 Adepts die within the year of starting their journey. To learn magic, Adepts may find them in ruins, spell tomes, or even retired Fraternity Mages residing across the land. The Adept must find enough magic and return to the Academy. Once they return to the Academy with enough magic, they undergo the Second Trial. If the Adept proves successful, The Fraternity brands the Adept with a powerful sigil using a heated steel rod. Even the Sigil's ampification has caused a number of Adepts to enter a coma. If the Adept is unable to wake from this Coma, they die after 2 days from an overload of mana. If successfully branded, an Adept has become a Mage and the Sigil allows the Mage to learn Tier 2 Magic.
Adepts start with a very basic abilities. These abilities are only to allow the adept some small functions in a party. Adepts will be able to start doing damage when they unlock their first magic spell. Adepts can only learn Tier 1 Spells.
Stats - Level 1 stats + gained per level.
HP: 2900 + 12
Mana: 1000 + 20
Strength: 20 + 1
Dexterity: 15 + 1
Agility: 10 + 1
Intellect: 55 + 3 (Primary)
Wisdom: 45 + 2 (Secondary)
Fortitude: 15 + 1
Resolve: 5 + 1
Desparate Thrust - An attack dealing weapon damage + 4 as piercing damage. Cooldown: 4 seconds
Mind Focus - Increases the caster's physical resistance by 10, attack speed by 15% and critical strike by 15 for 1 minute. Cooldown: 20 seconds.
Destabilize Mana - The caster loses 4 mana per second to enhance attack speed by 25% for 20 seconds. Cooldown: 14 seconds.
Manipulate Mana - Transfer 150 mana to the target. Cooldown: 30 seconds.
Survival Instinct - Remove all crowd control effects and increase movement speed by 40% for 15 seconds. Cooldown: 60 seconds.
Tier 1 Spell Preview: Adepts do not start with these abilities, this a preview at low level spells.
- Primordial Rush - An arcane spell infuses the caster's feet increasing their movement speed by 100% for 4 seconds. Cooldown: 30 seconds.
- Lesser Icicle - Conjure a small icicle that hits a target for Power + 220 as frost damage. The target's attack speed and movement speed is reduced by 50% for 8 seconds. Cooldown: 16 seconds.
- Arcane Burst - Arcane energy strikes the target for Power + 240. The target is also stunned for 6 seconds and is considered a power attack. Cooldown: 12 seconds.
- Lesser Combustion - The target bursts into flames dealing Power + 120 fire damage and 480 fire damage over 24 seconds. Cooldown: 20 seconds.
- Lesser Frostbite - The target is frozen for 20 seconds. Any damage will cause the target to break out of the ice. Cooldown: 18 seconds.
Tier 2 Advancement Choices
Choice: Mage - With the ability to learn Tier 2 magic, the Mage is a walking glass cannon with really high damage output. More powerful spells require even more cast time and regents.